I am a Polish psychologist who obtained her diploma for clinical psychology at the University of Gdansk in 2005. I have 12 years of experience in counselling and psychotherapy. After completing my diploma, I undertook postgraduate training in psychotherapy, which was (and still is) a journey on which I still discover new goals and directions.
Initially, my professional training was in systemic therapy and clinical sexology. Along with completing this training, I began my practice, working as a couple and family therapist. While I still see a systemic approach as a very valuable therapeutic modality, working not only with couples, but with individuals as well, I started to feel the need for additional training in evidence based psychotherapy. This is when I began my 4-year training in post- graduate course in cognitive- behavioral therapy, in which I am now fully trained and certified (certificate no 364, issued by Polish Cognitive- Behavioral Society). I am a member of this society from 2010 and work within it’s ethical and professional guidelines.
Currently I am also undergoing training in schema therapy – a relatively new but very promising and evidence based therapy approach for groups of patients in which standard CBT may be not enough (recurring depression, persistent self- worth and relationships issues, eating disorders, personality disorders). Please find out more about my therapeutic approach going to ABOUT THERAPY.
My qualifications as a psychotherapist:
- Schema Therapy Training, International Schema Therapy Association
- Post Graduate 4- year Course in Cognitive- Behavioral Psychotherapy, SWPS Sopot
- Post Graduate 2- year Course in Clinical Sexology, SWPS Warszawa
- First Degree training in Systemic Therapy, WTTS Poznan
- University of Gdansk, Master Degree in Clinical Psychology
Additional training in psychotherapy:
- “Application of mindfullness in the area of mental health” in Polish Mindfullness Institute
- Series of training modules with Dr Z. Lew- Starowicz in Medical Center for Postgraduate Education, Warszawa – “Sexual disorders of women”, “Sexual disorders of men”, “Sexological diagnosis for psychologists”